Builders' Association of India - Pune Centre in association with Symbiosis Institute of Technology, Civil Engineering Department, Symbiosis International (Deemed University) Lavale, Pune had organised a Webinar on “CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY ON SITE”, on Thursday, 5th August 2021.
Two day workshop on National Building Code kicks off
BAI-Workshop & Seminar “Two day workshop on National Building Code kicks off” Builders Association of India, Pune Centre - Wednesday 9th August 2019.
1. The two day National Workshop on National Building Code of India 2016 organised by Builders Association of India (BAI) Pune Center and Pune Construction Engineering Research Foundation (PCERF) in association with Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) kicked off today at Yashada Baner Road. The workshop was inaugurated at the hands of Chief Guest Maj Gen. TPS Rawat, Chief Engineer Southern Command in the presence of Guest of Honour,in presence of Guest of Honour and Chairman Kohinoor Group Krishna Kumar Goyal, Er.Manoj Deshmukh, Chairman BAI Pune Center, Er.Vishwas Lokare, President PCERF , Sanjay Apte Secretary BAI Pune, Convenor Col S.M Adsar and Ajay Gujar Treasurer BAI Pune.
2. The National Building Code of India (NBC), a comprehensive building Code,is a national instrument providing guidelines for regulating the building construction activities across the country. It serves as a Model Code for adoption by all agencies involved in building construction works by government construction departments, local bodies or private construction agencies. Considering these, a Project for comprehensive revision of the Code was taken up under the aegis of the National Building Code Sectional Committee. As a culmination of the Project, the revised Code has been brought out in 2016 as National Building Code of India 2016 reflecting the state-of-the-art and contemporary applicable international practices. More than 250 delegates from all across Maharashtra including those from private construction and infrastructure companies, Government organizations , faculty and students are attending this workshop. The workshop has been well supported by leading organisations like M/s B.G. Shirke Construction Technology Pvt Ltd. COEP is the academic partner.
3. Major. Gen TPS Rawat said that as India inches towards becoming third largest economy in the world , infrastructure sector will be a major catalyst . To achieve this infrastructure development activities will become more vital and therefore sharing knowledge through such workshops assumes greater importance.Sanjay Kumar Head Bureau of Indian Standards Pune said that standards play a significant role on achieving objectives of safety and quality of construction. The NBC 2016 has been well received by all the stakeholders. The code is dedicated to safety and security of citizens . The code in two volumes is in 13 parts. BIS has taken all care to disseminate the information by various forms of communication including this workshop which is 26th in the series.
4. Krishna Kumar Goyal Chairman Kohinoor Group said that the fact that BAI has stuck to its core values and principles for eight decades is commendable. While the sector was largely unorganized till few decades back, there has been a paradigm shift with rapidly changing technologies. Such workshops will help the younger generation get equipped with the required knowledge.
5. Manoj Deshmukh, Chairman, BAI, Pune Centre said today's event marks an important milestone for BAI. It has always been an endeavour of BAI Pune Centre to address the entire strata of a construction industry. Our young engineers are the soldiers of our civil society. So the industry needs to come forward and ensure that all our civil engineering generation is competent to overcome the challenges they face in future as well as day to day activities at workplace
6. Convenor Col S. M Adsar said that the workshop has received overwhelming response from private entities, government agencies, students and organizations . The two day program covers detailed discussions, sessions and guidance programs from non other than those who have formulated the national building code.
Friday, 9th August 2019
Overview of NBC 2016; Administration and Enforcement of the Code
Shri. S. Arun Kumar, Scientist'D'(Civil Engg), BIS
Fire and Life Safety
Shri. S.K. Dheri (Convener, Panel for Fire Protection of NBC 2016)
Shri Sandeep Goel (Member, Panel for Plumbing Services of NBC 2016) TBC
Building Services - Electrical Installations
Shri Sachin Godbole for Electrical Installations of NBC 2016)
Saturday, 10th August 2019
Structural Design: Loads, Forces and Effects
Shri Aman Deep, (Member, Panel for Plain, Reinforced and Prestressed Concrete of NBC 2016)
Construction Management, Practices and Safety
Structural Design: Prefabrication & Systems Buildings
Shri. M. P. Naidu, (Convener, Panel for Prefabrication and Systems Buildings of NBC 2016)
Asset and Facility Management
Shri. V.K.Sharma (Member, Panel for Asset & Facility Management of NBC 2016)TBC
Building Services: Natural Lighting & Ventilation; Approach to Sustainability
Shri. Amor Kool (Member, Panel for Sustainability of NBC 2016)
SEMINAR ON PRESERVATION OF OUR HERITAGE BUILDINGS
Seminar: "PRESERVATION OF OUR HERITAGE BUILDINGS" — at Institution of Engineers, Shivaji Nagar, Pune.
"PRESERVATION OF OUR HERITAGE BUILDINGS" Our Country is blessed with a rich collection of palaces of many eras and cultural influences. To appreciate the History, Architecture and Structural systems of these palaces takes a truly passionate and astute lover of the subject. Audio-Visual presentation and discussion that took us all on a journey through our Regal Heritage.
1. Ar. Mrinalini Sane(Architect, Interior designer, Teacher & ISO Consultant)
2. Mr. Swanand Arole(Computer Engineer, Property Developer and Musician)
Promoters, Builders, Construction Contractors, Engineers, Architects, Interior Designers, Project Management Consultants, Site Engineers & Supervisors and Students attended the Seminar in large numbers.
Event Sponsored by: Dalmia InnoBuild (New Building Solutions)
Seminar on Water and Waste Water Management
Seminar on Water and Waste Water Management held on 28 July, 2018, Welcome Speech by Mr. Pradeep Garge - Chairman BAI Pune Centre
1. Shri Rajendra Mahulkar: How do we meet Water Demands of Growing Pune
2. Shri Kishor Desai: Equipment’s for Waste Water Pumping and Treatment.
3. Mr. Subhash Deshpande: Plumbing for labour camp
Sponsor was WTE Infra Projects, Pvt Ltd., Chakhan, Pune
SEMINAR ON Advance methods of Waterproofing and Precautions
BAI-Seminar “Advance methods of Waterproofing and Precautions” Builders Association of India, Pune Centre. Wednesday 30th May 2018.
1. Mr. Jayant Khode from Concept Consultants, Expert in Chemical Waterproofing Treatments with 28 years of proven experience in the field.
2. Mr. Laxmikant Umarji, Managing Director, M/s Samerka Consultants Pvt Ltd, Mumbai - Selection criteria of Waterproofing Treatment.
Thanks to: Neo Pack Plast (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Architectural Concrete & Metro Elevated & Underground and the Concrete Designs with Durability Parameters & Challenges
Architectural Concrete & Metro Elevated & Underground and the Concrete Designs with Durability Parameters & Challenges – 27 February 2018
1. Shri Pradeep Ghumare, Director, NOE Form Work India Pvt Ltd & IND-TECH Consultants. His activities include consulting services to the German & European companies for conceptualisation and implementation of emerging technologies in India. His expertise and experience is to identify, develop and integrate the most appropriate solution in view of the Indian requirements.
2. Shri Yusuf Inamdar, Business and Technical Head in J Kumar Infra Projects Limited. All Technical work related to Infra Projects, Metro and Flyovers. He involved in Quality Control & Quality Assurance with special emphasis in Structural Concrete including Designing of Concrete Mix as per specifications, routine testing of aggregates, cement and other ingredients of concrete as per relevant code.